Monday, September 23, 2013

What a Weekend!

This weekend was full of new & exciting things! Friday evening we went to my very first happy hour in Clarendon (my foster mom insisted that there are probably many more to come).  My foster parents enjoyed a few colds ones while I was entertained by watching all of the passbyers.  My foster mom even snuck me a few pieces of bread underneath the table.

On Saturday, I had a doggie play date with my foster brother, Copper.  Copper is a 40lb hound mix, who LOVES to bark, but he's great because he can keep up with my quick moves and loves to play.  We went for a nice long walk (during which our two legged companions insisted on checking out some yard sales) & then Copper and I played in his backyard together.
From there, we headed to the Seven Corners PetSmart in Falls Church, VA for my first adoption event with LDCRF!  I met a lot of great volunteers and fellow pups looking for their forever home.  Since I wasn't adopted on Saturday, my foster mom picked up some new treats, bones and a squeaker toy for me as a consolation prize :)

After the adoption event, we made a quick pit stop at home (I needed to snag a nap & catch up on my beauty sleep).  We spent the rest of the afternoon & evening meeting some new friends at a party to celebrate a woman becoming an American citizen!  Unfortunately it rained almost the whole time, but there were plenty of tents for us to stay dry under.  The tents also offered me the perfect vantage point to keep on the lookout for squirrels.  I just knew they were plotting an ambush of the food table...


Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment